Considering an upgrade to cedar closets? Learn more about the pros and cons to decide if cedar wood for closets is the right choice for you.
When it comes to storing and preserving your clothes, you have to make sure that you are using the best materials for the job. For a long time, the best ghostwriter hausarbeiten material for clothing storage has been cedar.
Aromatic cedar is a beautiful hardwood that is highly prized for its natural insect-repelling capabilities. It’s often used for outdoor construction, since it resists water damage and termites. However, you can also use cedar wood for closets to protect your clothing and accessories from many of the dangerous pests that can eat away at them.
Why are cedar closets a good choice?
Cedar closets are built with solid wood, not fabricated alternatives or ghostwriter bachelorarbeit kosten particle board. These closets have a lasting, reliable, and resilient quality about them, making them excellent storage options.
Cedarwood not only looks lavish, but it also offers a woodsy aroma that repels moths and is a natural alternative to toxic pesticides and smelly mothballs. This material is also used to keep closets fresh and protect clothing, shoes, and other items from aging.
Cedar closets don’t have to work hard to make your clothes smell good. When aromatic cedar is used to line an enclosed space, such as in cedar closets or cedar chests, the scent can fill and protect the entire space from unwanted pests.
Benefits of Cedar Wood for Closets
There are many reasons to include cedar closets in your home, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Natural bug deterrent. These wooden closets are a safe haven for your clothes from insects that feast on fabric, such as moths. The strong aromatic scent of cedar keeps these pests away. It works in the same way as citronella, rosemary, and peppermint, which are all known to repel a variety of insects.
- Natural dehumidifier. Cedar is an effective natural deodorizer and mold inhibitor, making it a great choice for closets and drawers. Cedar for closets is especially useful for humid climates, since it absorbs excess moisture from the air.
- Natural air freshener. Cedar’s natural scent is very pleasant and fresh, and it will keep your rooms smelling that way too. That’s aside from ghostwriter facharbeit protecting your clothes from moths, so you’ll never have to worry about those pesky critters again!
- Natural statement piece for your home. A cedar closet is the ultimate luxury and an excellent conversation starter. Not just for bedrooms, you can impress your guests when tucking coats away into your entry closet.
Downsides of Cedar for Closets
While cedar closets have many advantages, there are also a few disadvantages you’ll want to consider before installing this material.
- Allergy trigger. Cedar closets may cause an allergic reaction in some people. If you have allergies, be aware that you may want to consider other options before installing these closets at home.
- Not for everyone. For some people, the smell of cedar is unbearable. Many people find the scent too strong and overpowering after a couple weeks.
- Scent fades. Cedar smells wonderful when it’s new, but unfortunately it loses its scent over time. Don’t worry, though — it’s easy enough to restore the smell you love: just sand down the cedar and refinish your closet. Voila! You’ll have aromatic cedar for your closets again.
- Needs maintenance. Cedar wood for closets should be oiled once or twice a year to keep the material fresh. This means you’ll have to remove everything from your closets and pile it elsewhere while the oil dries. On the positive side, you can view this as annual wardrobe decluttering.
- Cost prohibitive. Cedar closets tend to be expensive because this tpe of wood is harder to come by than other varieties. Worse, the price tag on cedar has skyrocketed since the pandemic.
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits that come with cedarwood closets. The most important thing to remember, however, is to choose the best option to suit your needs and budget. If cost is not a concern and you want a closet that will last a long time ghostwriter doktorarbeit without needing much maintenance, then cedar closets are an excellent option.
- Hanger Tips: How To Select The Right Hangers – If you want to protect your clothes from wrinkles, you need to invest in some quality hangers. Learn how to pick the right ones here.
- Maximize Small Closet Space With These Tips – No matter how small your closet is, here are some handy tips to help you keep it organized and save space.
- What To Look For In Designer Winter Coat Hangers – Heavier items need special hangers, as cheaper materials can bend or break under the added weight. Keep your winter coats off of the floor by choosing the best hanger for the job.